About Me

I am highly motivated and driven person. I am the type of person who sees what he wants and I go get it which sometimes gets me in trouble but other times is very rewarding. I am an aspiring Author, and I have book that is going to be released this fall which is soo exciting for me, and I will keep you all posted on it. I am a workaholic six to nine months out of the year then I tend to chill for a few months before starting something new lol. I LOVE SPENDING TIME W/ FAMILY AND FRIENDS, OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, SPORTS, WATCHING MOVIES, READING AT BARNES AND NOBLE. I believe all things are possible if you believe in it hard enough and work for it till you get it. I love to travel. I have been to the bahamas (Atlantis resort is awesome), Italy (Milan), Dominican Republic, and throughout the East coast and Texas. My Favorite place is Disneyworld I am still a kid at heart and I just like to have fun but dont laugh at me too much because I'd have to hurt ya.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Faith: Religion, Christianity, and My Personal Views

Each day I am going to take one of the five keys I have learned and share just my thoughts. Although most of my thoughts are personal I feel that some of them can be used to bring a different perspective then what you have been taught


Well I am a Christian, but not your typical Christian. What I a mean by that is I believe that christianity was meant to be about Jesus dying for our sins so we can have a relationship with God as a father and son/daughter relationship and not just a bunch a rules. I feel organized religion has its place and I go to church every Sunday but what I feel like they are lacking in is properly explaining the idea of relationship with God "our heavenly father" and the guilt and shame the religion brings with it. I am very spiritual but normal because I finally realize to be spiritual does not mean to be fake and follow a bunch of rules and pretend to be perfect, but it means to understand ones true nature.

Religion is the teacher that should bring us into knowledge of our proper place with God as his children. For example if you have kids or know someone who does and if they are good parents they probably have a set a rules for the kids to follow. Those rules do a few things: first they establish who is Boss which is necessary in a child understanding who the true authority is, next the rules are there for the childs benefit. Parents dont give rules for rules sakes but they give rules because they love their kids and know that in following the rules their is safety and protection for their kids. Finally I believe rules teach the kids how much their parents truly love them and the older they get the rules go and the relationship stays.

This is no different then anyone's childhood. I remember my parents rules were tough when I was a kid but the older I got the less rules I had because they now wanted to test the boundaries of our relationship. Will I do good because they said so or will I be good because it is the right thing to do and because I respect them. Eventually there are truly no rules. I know have a totally free relationship with my parents and I never have to worry about the rules. I can talk how I want to them, I can confide in them, tell them how I feel both good and bad, and still know at the end of it all they are my parents and they still love me.

Maturity in our relationship is where we are now but it could not be there first without the rules that teach and lead us into relationship. This is the problem with Religions so many rules that lead us to more rules and never teach us relationship. I believe Religion was never meant to be the way it is now and although I am a strong Christian I am not held back by so many of the rules, because I have found my true nature which is our spirit and our spirit is always truthful. Just like being an adult you should know right from wrong from by now and what is a gray area. The grey areas are places where you must be led by your spirit or your conscious. For example some people think drinking is a sin some do not. This to some is black and white to others its grey. I believe in this case there are two answers. In my faith this would be an example a early christian getting saved and getting rid all the bad habits that keep them out of relationship with God the father and as they develop they might get in such relationship that they feel that rule not to drink once in a while is no longer a problem. In their maturity it is a grey area first a black and white area and now a grey area because they have developed to trust their conscious or spirit.

Here is the problem though: first most people never had a good relationship with their parents and especially their fathers so they dont know what a relationship with God would even be like. Second human nature is to always tell someone else what they can and can not do and that repels people from all religions, because we find the hypocrite syndrome in which God is judge by the children and how they misbehave but the truth is no one can keep all the rules and that is why in my faith we have Jesus. The bottom line is getting to become spiritual yourself and not leaving your true nature to someone else for a few minutes on sunday.

I totally believe in church and its functions but if you never develop your relationship and just use the 30 minutes on Sunday to boost you then to me that is where religion again overall fails us. The bottom line is I am a christian that believes there is more to God9as father) then we are taught at church, but I also believe in the truth of the Bible and through my own personal studies I have found it to be more then true and accurate and so many other religions support the truths of the Bible and now even science is starting to bridge the gap between it.

I could really talk your head off hear so I will stop, but I just believe that our true nature is spirit but I am no crazy nut job. If you met me I am just as down to earth and goofy as the next guy because to me to be truly spiritual is to BE HAPPY! I do my best to be in control of my joy and happiness and whatever I cant control I talk to God my father about and that is a basic idea of my faith and beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers