About Me

I am highly motivated and driven person. I am the type of person who sees what he wants and I go get it which sometimes gets me in trouble but other times is very rewarding. I am an aspiring Author, and I have book that is going to be released this fall which is soo exciting for me, and I will keep you all posted on it. I am a workaholic six to nine months out of the year then I tend to chill for a few months before starting something new lol. I LOVE SPENDING TIME W/ FAMILY AND FRIENDS, OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, SPORTS, WATCHING MOVIES, READING AT BARNES AND NOBLE. I believe all things are possible if you believe in it hard enough and work for it till you get it. I love to travel. I have been to the bahamas (Atlantis resort is awesome), Italy (Milan), Dominican Republic, and throughout the East coast and Texas. My Favorite place is Disneyworld I am still a kid at heart and I just like to have fun but dont laugh at me too much because I'd have to hurt ya.

Friday, May 1, 2009

Pursuit of Happiness: another old blog

Here I go again into the world of amature blogging lol. Anyway todays subject is "The pursuit of Happiness". What is this so called pursuit of Happiness? Is it real? Is it truely possible to be happy? Recently I saw the movie with will smith, and I loved it, but it got me thinking on my own personal pursuit of happiness.

There are two key words in that phrase that I want to write about. First of all Happiness. This word alone drives me crazy. I am one of the happiest people you will ever meet, but I am learning over the many years that I have been alive that Happiness is a choice. Why do I say that it is a choice? Because lately very few things are making me happy, yet most people who really know me, and I mean really know wouldnt know that I have been struggling with staying Happy. Sure anyone can fake a smile anyone can pretend to be Happy but what I am talking about here is an actual ability to chose to make yourself feel Happy inspite of whats going on around you. I can tell I am not the only one who is struggling with being Happy. I can tell some of my closest Friends and Family are going through the same thing. So what do we do? How can we change our thoughts? How can we control our emotions? I believe the key is in how we approach our enviorment and how we approach our circumstances.

What I mean by that is our enviorment consist of our friends, family, co-workers, and generally the people you talk to on a regular basis. Our circumstances are the things that happen both good and bad on a daily basis. So what am I getting at here. Who knows I am just typing and seeing what happens lol. All jokes aside in my own personal life I realize that over the years when I had people in my life that were negative influences or did bad things, even if I cared about them, my life went into a bad situation. When I got around people who were focused and did positive things my life went into a good situation. I believe that the universe is like a big river. A good river and a bad river filled with fish called people. I think we as people or fish in the river lol choose what river we are in by the people we associate with even if we like them or just like hanging around them. Its amazing to me how easily we are influenced by the people around us whether good or bad. I noticed this pattern in my friends and families life. These are good people who just get around the wrong people and because they do they slowly are influenced either good or bad to the point that they are blinded to the reality that life can be better then it seems.

I also believe that the two rivers that I mentioned earlier flow in opposite directions. The bad river flows and takes you away from the things you need and love and the good river brings you to the things you need and love. So if all that is true then why do Bad things happen to good people? I am glad you asked lol. I dont know the entire answer but I think one answer might be to test our will. I believe everytime we choose to do good doesnt something usually bad happens to slow down our progress. For example you want to lose weight then somebody walks in with your favorite food or you try to quit drinking and you fall in love with an alcholic, or you are ready to better your life and you run into friends from your past who knew you when and dont want you to change. I believe these are all test to see how strong your will is to change. Its like God saying ok let me see how serious you are about changing before I send you any help.

Which brings me back to the other word "pursuit". In the movie Will smith had to go through hell from being broke and homeless to working for free before he finally realized his dream coming true. I believe the key was in his pursuit of happiness. It wasnt easy, things never went his way, but he kept believing that tomorrow could be better then today. Each and every day that you wake up and believe that today is an oportunity to be better then yesterday then I believe you automatically choose to pursue happiness, and isnt that everyone's goal in life "TO BE HAPPY?"

So what was all this about? who knows I just got into a typing mood and decided to write lol, but seriously I really just want to help people realize that life is hard real hard but if you can wake up most days and choose to be happy and choose to pursue with everything you got then I truly believe you will eventually reach your goal. And stop swimming in the bad river with the bad fish!!! Quit going against the flow of life!!! Get rid of people who dont belong in your life, and dont worry there is someone better out there for you!! A better companion, a better friend or a better partner. Open your eyes and see what you can have in life if you choose to go with the right flow, because either way you will be flowing one way or the other the choice is yours. So I hope I havent bored the two people who read my blog lol. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers