About Me

I am highly motivated and driven person. I am the type of person who sees what he wants and I go get it which sometimes gets me in trouble but other times is very rewarding. I am an aspiring Author, and I have book that is going to be released this fall which is soo exciting for me, and I will keep you all posted on it. I am a workaholic six to nine months out of the year then I tend to chill for a few months before starting something new lol. I LOVE SPENDING TIME W/ FAMILY AND FRIENDS, OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, SPORTS, WATCHING MOVIES, READING AT BARNES AND NOBLE. I believe all things are possible if you believe in it hard enough and work for it till you get it. I love to travel. I have been to the bahamas (Atlantis resort is awesome), Italy (Milan), Dominican Republic, and throughout the East coast and Texas. My Favorite place is Disneyworld I am still a kid at heart and I just like to have fun but dont laugh at me too much because I'd have to hurt ya.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Finances: "where art thou" Part one-really how bad is it?

This is an exciting day bc I get to share a small portion of one of the chapters from my book that is being released this fall. Today I am going to deal with one aspect from that chapter and tomorrow I will give the practical side to it.-Hope you enjoy!

There is a story in the Bible that we are all familiar with. It is the story of Adam and Eve. As you all know Adam and Eve were created and placed in the Garden of Eden by God. God told them they could eat of every tree except for the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. To make a long story short they both ate of the tree and immediately their eyes were opened and they “knew they were naked.” They sewed together some fig leaves and began to hide from God.

This is comical to me because here we have two people running around wearing fig leaves trying to hide from God who see all things. Something happens in this story that really blew my mind away. God, who knows all and sees all, asked Adam a very peculiar question. God said, “Adam where art thou?” What a question and why would God ask such a question? God obviously knew where they were but he asked it anyway.

This really boggled my mind until I realized God was not asking for his benefit but he was asking for Adam and Eve’s benefit. What do I mean by this? God knew that in order to begin to help them out of their fallen state he had to get them to understand their true condition. God needed them to get real honest with themselves first before any form of deliverance could take place. Only when they began to be open and honest with themselves about their own situation could God begin to help them recover.

So that is where we are today. We have fallen and we are in a crisis but I can not begin to help you until I ask you this next question. Where art thou? Where are you financially, and be honest-how bad is it? The key to you surviving this or any financial crisis is to first get real open and honest about your current financial condition. Believe me this is going to be hard because it was real hard for me when I began this process for myself. You might be saying how is this going to help me right now? How is dealing with where I am now going to help me get out of this mess? Well let me give you a great example.

Have you ever been in a hotel and seen one of those hotel maps with the Big Red Dot that says “You Are Here”? I always wondered why the sign always told me where Iwas as it was somehow more important then the exit. I always said to myself, “Well if a fire broke out I would want to know where the Exit was rather then where I was.” Then one day I realized if a fire did break out it would be irrelevant to know where the exit was if I did not know where I was in relation to the exit. What good is a solution to your financial mess if you can not relate it to your personal struggle? If I can not relate my exit to your crisis I have failed you miserably. That is the importance to this question because the only true way for you to escape your financial crisis is to first understand“where art thou?”

Tomorrow I will give you part two-which is the practical side to "where art thou" I will give you the actual steps you need to get an honest evaluation of where you are financially!-Until tomorrow thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers